|Initiator||Ylebre & Jawsper|
|Status||Investigating availability of parts|
Ylebre and jawsper plan to build an OpenROV (). This is a small, cheap underwater robot, connected to land with a tether for control (and potentially power).
Current points of action
- Acryl parts
- Where to get the controller board
The housing will be made of several tubes and laser cut pieces of acryl. We can probably use the laser cutter at FabLab for this.
Potentially suitable homeplugs
These are sorted by cheapness
- Conrad Powerline Adapter PL200D
- Allnet 200AV adapter starterkit ALL168205Nano
- TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 Nano-Powerline-adapter KIT
- Zyxel Powerline Adapter Mini 500 PLA4201 Starterkit
- Here is a cheap Tenda P200, which is also known to work: Ebay
- This post explains some of the important things to keep in mind for power over the tether, and a possible solution.
- Expensive but very suitable connectors (for tether?) 
- Main board: Raspberry Pi (jawsper has a spare one) or Beagle Bone Black (Ylebre might get one soon)
- Power (batteries/lipo cells)
- Custom electronics
- Off-the-shelf electronics
- Tether (AWG20)